Some basic WL questions

Hi. I'm just getting started with Wanderlust on Emacs 24 on OS X 10.6,
mainly over SSH via PuTTY running on Windows. I think some of my issues
are related to PuTTY, and others are not. By the way, I'm using IMAP
(Fastmail.fm) for this.

non-PuTTY issues:

1) Sometimes a mail message just displays two lines showing me that
there are text/plain and text/html parts, but neither of the parts is
actually displayed. The whole message just displays as:

[1  <text/plain; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]

[2  <text/html; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]

Any way to fix this so either text or html displays by default?

2) I'd love to be be able to just read all my unread messages, in
whatever folders, by repeating some key. (Mutt uses 'n' by default. 'N'
(Shift-n) comes close, and would be ok.) Is there a way to set this up?
Of course, for this to work smoothely, I need to get rid of the prompts
to download the whole message (Yes) and to act on the marks in each
folder I'm exiting (Yes.) Anyone know of such a customization (or set of
them)? I looked through the customizable variables in the manual, but
didn't see a way to do this.

PuTTY issues:

1) Arrows in thread view are just drawn as "???" instead of line drawing
characters. Is there a setting (Emacs or PuTTY) to get proper line
drawing characters?

2) In some messages, I get space characters that just appear as a
colored box. I assume this is some non-ASCII space character (e.g.,
non-breaking space, em space, etc.), but I don't know, and don't know
how to get WL/Emacs/PuTTY to just display this as a space.

I also use mutt over PuTTY, and don't have these issues.

Any help is *greatly* appreciated.

Thanks!

-pd