Re: Slow NNTP folders

> The most annoying one one is WL performance when opening big NNTP
> folders.  For example opening the gmane mirror of emacs-devel takes
> several minutes where there are more than ~20 new messages.  The
> longest step seems to be "Creating subject cache".

wl-summary-search-by-subject says that message and this function is
very time consuming for large folders.  To avoid creating subject
cache, set wl-summary-search-parent-by-subject-regexp's value to nil,
or toggle threading of that folder to off.

I use below folders for viewing emacs-devel.

# daily use
/last:1000/-gmane.emacs.devel@news.gmane.org	"recent emacs-devel"
# When old articles are needed
-gmane.emacs.devel@news.gmane.org	"emacs-devel"