Re: Problems with draft/sent folders

At Tue, 26 Jun 2012 07:51:27 -0700,
Erik Hetzner wrote:

> > > To test if your Fcc header is being set properly, try running
> > > wl-draft-config-exec (C-c C-e) directly before sending your message
> > > and verify that the Fcc header has been set.
> >
> > I tried C-c C-e, but it did not help. I also have:
> > (add-hook 'wl-mail-setup-hook 'wl-draft-config-exec)
> > which is sort of the same thing I guess.
>
> Do you mean that it did not set the Fcc header? If so, this is your
> problem, and your wl-draft-config-alist setting is wrong in some way.
> Perhaps you can post it?

Yes, when "Fcc:" shows up in the header (by either re-selecting the
template (C-c C-j), or "w" when in Summary-buffer for that account) it
works, i.e. ends up in my Sent folder for that account. C-c C-e does
not give me the "Fcc" in the header and sent mails won't go to "Sent"
folder.

My config it the one on:
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/WlMultipleAccounts#toc2

Relevant part of my exact one is here:
http://home.thep.lu.se/~karlf/wl

> By the way, there is no need to add that hook unless you want your
> wl-draft-config-alist applied when you create a draft.
> wl-draft-config-alist will be applied before sending.

Yeah, I know, but having the wrong email address ("From:") in the
header while I'm writing the draft makes me nervous, even if it gets
set correctly when sending (C-c C-c).

> > […]
> >
> > Now I see that I sometimes have "Fcc:" correctly filled in the header,
> > (which makes testing much easier). If I start writing a draft from the
> > Folder-buffer (pressing "w") I have to re-select the template by
> > cycling through them with C-c C-j for the "Fcc:" to show up. I was
> > expecting C-c C-e to have the same effect, but no, it doesn't set
> > "Fcc".
> >
> > However, if I'm already in the inbox Summary-buffer for my non-gmail
> > account and do "w" the "Fcc" is set correctly when I start the draft.
> >
> > Any clues as to what is going on here? When "Fcc: ..." shows in the header it
> >  works, so the problem is that it's not getting set all the time.
>
> Yes, the problem is your wl-draft-config-alist variable is not being
> correct and is not being applied to some messages.
>
> It sounds like you also use wl-template-alist? This could complicate
> things.

I have my wl-draft-config-alist just load/call the wl-template-alist,
and that part seems to work since everything else gets set correctly,
for that account like the "From:" header, and I don't see why "Fcc"
should be different, which I guess it shouldn't be.