Re: “following”

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 11:30 AM, David Maus <dmaus@ictsoc.de> wrote:
> David Abrahams wrote:
>
>>I just checked in a global cleanup of uses of the word “following,”
>>which was misused all over the document.  Since such global changes
>>are particularly prone to error, it would be great if someone could
>>check it over to make sure I haven't corrupted the original intent of
>>the document:
>
>>http://github.com/wanderlust/wanderlust/commit/83f93d32597c2465fe8476a8e03edd15693d07ce
>
> Although github told me
>
> ,----
> | From: dabrahams
> | Subject: dabrahams created branch docfix at wanderlust/wanderlust
> | Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 20:27:47 +0200
> |
> | New branch is at wanderlust/wanderlust/tree/docfix
> | Compare docfix branch with master »
> `----
>
> There is no branch docfix -- neither accessible via web interface, nor
> via git.  Could you check what went wrong?

Ah... what went wrong has to do with the way I'm doing the mirroring
using "git push -f --mirror" (see
http://wiki.github.com/wanderlust/wanderlust/), which essentially
throws away any branches that weren't in the source repo.  It may be
that we really don't want to be doing anything other than mirroring
CVS with that repo; until we figure out what we *do* want, I've put it
at http://github.com/dabrahams/wanderlust/commits/docfix

Sorry for the inconvenience.

--
Dave Abrahams