Re: Important marks don't seem to be synced on IMAP folders

At Tue, 21 Jun 2011 13:07:04 -0400,
Erik Hetzner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The problem appears to be that calling:
>
>   (elmo-folder-list-flagged folder flag)
>
> merges IMAP4 flags with msgdb flags, which causes a problem with the
> diffing that happens in wl-summary-sync-marks. Is this expected
> behavior?
>
> To fix, we can change the definition of wl-summary-sync-marks to call
> elmo-folder-list-flagged-internal directly, as at then end of this
> message.
>
> I don’t know if wl-summary-sync-marks is wrong here or if
> elmo-folder-list-flagged should not be merging flags.

Hi,

The function I attached fails on filter folders. I can avoid the
error, but I cannot make filter folders sync marks properly with IMAP.
This seems to me an argument that we perhaps need 3 ways of getting
flags from elmo-folder-list-flagged:

1. Merged flags (elmo-folder-list-flagged folder flag)
2. msgdb flags only  (elmo-folder-list-flagged folder flag 'in-msgdb)
3. Server flags only (elmo-folder-list-flagged folder flag 'on-server)
   This would be new functionality.

Any thoughts?

best, Erik
Sent from my free software system <http://fsf.org/>.