Re: 3000 Sent Mail messages that weren't there 2 hours ago

At Sun, 09 Jan 2011 22:09:09 -0800,
Erik Hetzner wrote:
> recall correctly) cause problems like this. You might try making them
> sticky instead (that is, either call wl-summary-stick in the summary
> buffers, or enter them with C-u <RET> from the Folder buffer).

I actually prefer using sticky summaries, but didn't know about C-u. I'll make it a point to do that from now on. I had been using a sticky summary for inbox (RET to enter, then M-s before going to another folder) and using "g" in the other summary buffer to switch around, but if it's more stable to use sticky summaries for everything, I have no problem with that.

And actually, the filter folder didn't work beautifully. This line in .folders caused initialization to barf.

/to:danceboxtheater|to:mediadog/%"[Gmail]/Sent Mail"

I didn't notice the first time because it was close to the bottom. When I relaunched wanderlust, the filter folder was gone and I didn't notice any other problems, so I re-created it. Then it was placed close to the beginning in .folders and, after relaunching, all the folders after it were gone! Fortunately .folders.bak was still there so I could recover.

So there is some bug in parsing this kind of folder entry. I would like to be able to use that filter in the future. Any tips? Attached is the broken one.

Thanks,
James

--
James Harkins /// dewdrop world
jamshark70@dewdrop-world.net

"Come said the Muse,
Sing me a song no poet has yet chanted,
Sing me the universal."  -- Whitman

#
# Folder definition file
# This file is generated automatically by Wanderlust/2.15.6 (Almost Unreal).
#
# If you edit this file by hand, be sure that comment lines
# will be washed out by wl-fldmgr.
#

.drafts
%Sent
/to:danceboxtheater|to:mediadog/%"[Gmail]/Sent Mail"
%inbox	"inbox"
+trash	"Trash"
%[Gmail]/Drafts
+draft	"Drafts"
%classes
%affectations
%[Gmail]/Sent Mail

# petname definition (access group, folder in access group)

# end of file.