Re: Help! wl is hanging when opening the inbox

At Thu, 2 Dec 2010 22:39:03 +0800,
James Harkins wrote:

> [1  <text/plain; ISO-8859-1 (7bit)>]
>
> [2  <text/html; ISO-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>]
> My love affair with wl seems to be over. It's now hanging infinitely when I try to open my inbox.
> This is worse than before -- 100% CPU use.
>
> I can't guess exactly what happened. I was using it just fine, then suddenly tonight, it decided to
> reload all the messages in the inbox... 1%, 2%, 3%, very slow. That's compared to 2-3 seconds to
> update the inbox previously -- so I think it was trying to reload all the messages even though
> there were only 2-3 new ones. It got stuck at 47%. So I killed Emacs, renamed .elmo, and started
> again. No problem with Folder view, but when I tried to open inbox, again Emacs hung, probably
> about 10 minutes with high network activity, then the CPU spiked to 100% again.
>
> Any ideas how I fix it? I tried starting over with an empty .elmo folder, but no help.
>
> Thanks --
> James

One thing to consider is what you have your defaults set to as well as
what your folders are. For example, I had accidently set my default
trash folder to be on gmail, which caused a problem when deleting
emails on a local Maildir folder.

That may not help, but it is something I've run into that seemed
pretty odd. In my case deleting a lot of messages would take forever.

Hope it gives you something else to look for!

Eric