Re: Annoying HTML emails

At Fri, 29 Oct 2010 08:00:30 +0900,
Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:

> In [Wanderlust English : No.04299] David Abrahams wrote:
> > A service I use (codebasehq) sends me messages that look like this:
>
> >   [1  <text/plain; utf-8 (quoted-printable)>]
> >   You need HTML email enabled to view this message.
> >   [2  <text/html; utf-8 (quoted-printable)>]
> >   ...interesting content here...
>
> > Infuriating, of course.  Is there any way I can make WL smart enough
> > to show me the HTML parts of these message by default?
>
> (info "(wl)mime-w3m") <- Type `C-x C-e' here
>
> I recommend using the latest emacs-w3m package, that bundles
> mime-w3m.el.  Here it is:
>
> http://cvs.namazu.org/emacs-w3m.tar.gz
>
> Note that you also have to have the w3m executable installed.
> Visit http://emacs-w3m.namazu.org/index-en.html for details.

I already use mime-w3m.  It's not that I can't get it to display the
HTML part, but that it's a lot of keystrokes from here to there: `j
TAB TAB C-c C-t C-c'

It would be great if there were some hooks I could use to recognize
messages like this where I want the HTML part displayed by default.

A side question about mime-w3m: when I use w3m.el for browsing, I can
TAB to a link and hit return and it will follow the link.  Not so when
displaying the HTML part of an email.  Why not?  It's especially
ironic since my WL *will* follow links that way in the plain text part
of the email.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing