Re: wl hangs on hibernate

Matt Price wrote:
>At Mon, 05 Apr 2010 09:44:06 -0400,
>David Abrahams wrote:
>>
>> At Mon, 05 Apr 2010 07:40:39 -0400,
>> Rodrigo Amestica wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi Matt,
>> >
>> > having the same problem here. no ideas on how to avoid it. as you said,
>> > it must be wl related, independent tramp frames would reconnect
>> > successfully after clearing all connections.
>>
>> If I remember to `M-t M-t' after I come back from sleep, I don't have
>> any problems.  Otherwise, I'm stuck but can get out of it with lots of
>> `C-g's.  I think I also set up a script to kill all openssl
>> connections when sleep ends; not sure if that's part of the equation.

>hopefully i'll be ok now, but if I run into some trouble with the
>little script I wrote (actually I don't think ubuntu will use
>hibenate automatically, so sometimes i'll suspend w/ pm-utils, and
>the hibernate scriptlet won't run) i'll try to remember M-t M-t; and
>maybe I'll reach a critical mass of C-g's -- i've sat there for what
>seems like a *very* long time C-g'ing, and only once had any useful
>reults therewith.  I guess using emacsclient is another possible
>solution.

If the script runs fine you could make an entry in WL FAQ on
emacswiki.org:

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/WlFaq

>> I agree this is very frustrating; it would be nice if wl could time
>> out and retry its queries sooner.  FWIW, I had a similar problem with
>> Gnus.

>do you think it's a timeout problem?  I've tried just leaving emacs
>up while I go and do other stuff (like makel unch) for an hour or so,
>and when I come back I'm pretty sure it's always still frozen.

Well... I experience this problem sometimes after someone cut my dsl
connection and the modem reconnects.  It seems the network connection
times out but ELMO doesn't realize this.

FYI there is

,----
| Hide Elmo Network Session Idle Timeout: Value Menu nil
|    State: STANDARD.
|    Idle timeout of the network cache. Specified in seconds. Hide
|    If elapsed time since last access is larger than this value,
|    cached session is not reused.
|    If nil, network cache is reused.
`----

HTH