Re: bulk add addresses?

At Mon, 15 Mar 2010 09:33:13 +0000,
Eric S Fraga wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 14:49:10 -0500, Matt Price <matt.price@utoronto.ca> wrote:
>
> I can't help you directly but, as nobody else has chimed in, I can say
> that WL's address book format is quite simple consisting of one line
> per entry with each entry consisting of the email address, the petname
> and the real name, separated by TABs (I believe).  I don't know what
> evolution et al. use but it could end up being straightforward to
> create a script (awk, perl, ...) which creates a WL address book for
> you.

yes, I think it would probably be pretty easy; evo exports its address
book to .vcf, which is a pretty straightforward text format, and I
think there are python modules to parse it.  Right now I'm giving bbdb
a try, though it seems perhaps a little heavyheanded for what I want.
But it integrates nicely with org-ode so I'm going to stick with it
for a while.

thanks for the help on this, eric.