Re: IMAP client compared to Gnus

At Mon, 15 Feb 2010 07:43:15 +0100,
Erik Colson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been using gnus for reading email for some years and was very pleased
> with it when reading mail locally.
> I've switched to IMAP and then figured that while gnus can handle imap or
> even better Maildir with using offlineimap,...

I've recently switched from Gnus to WL.  I'm very pleased with the
transition.  By comparison, Gnus' IMAP implementation is… how shall I
say it… “not Scottish.”

There are still some things that Gnus seems better at.  For example,
it's a bit painful in WL dealing with *very* large NNTP groups like
the ones on gmane that store the entire history of some mailing lists.
On the other hand, I may not yet know all the WL tricks I need for
handling those.

--
Dave Abrahams           Meet me at BoostCon: http://www.boostcon.com
BoostPro Computing