Re: New default config

At Mon, 25 Jan 2010 11:19:24 +0100,
Vitaly Mayatskikh wrote:

> Hello!
>
> It might be a good idea to ship Wl with actualized config.
>
> Nowadays a lot of people use Gmail, so new config should be sharpened
> for immediate use with Gmail. Also there can be several different
> accounts, i.e. the corporate one with usual whistles and bells, like
> LDAP. Problem with `@' in user login name also needs to be
> mentioned. And not forget to solve umlaut problem.
>
> Does anybody like to write such config, with careful comments? This
> will really help to spread Wl, because Wanderlust setup is not so
> easy, even for us, geeks.

Hi -

This is a good idea. WL config is spread across a large area (.folders
file, many variables) which make sense from the mailers point of view,
but not from the users.

Even better, I think, would be a wizard-style system for simple
setups. I have attached an example for a setup for gmail, which I have
not tested much.

I think something like this could be very inviting for new users.
However it might require some agreement about what a ‘proper’ simple
setup is for various systems. For instance, I like to use
wl-draft-config-alist to set various settings based on a string-match
of wl-draft-parent-folder. Other people might not like that.

best,
Erik Hetzner