Re: elmo-use-database?

On Dec 16, 2009, at 2:07 AM, Vitaly Mayatskikh wrote:

> At Tue, 15 Dec 2009 16:07:02 -0500, David Abrahams wrote:
>
>>> I have no any special methodology. Usually, just typing C-h k V (for
>>> example, V) and looking how associated function works.
>>
>> That's my usual method, too; I was just thinking maybe you knew about
>> particular functions or internal data structures (e.g. the message db)
>> that I'd want to know about for this job.
>
> elmo/elmo-msgdb.el and elmo/modb-* is right place to go. I don't
> remember all the details, but it was really easy for me to start the
> work on Wl a year ago ;) Also elp (emacs lisp profiler) is your best
> friend, especially its instrument-package facility.

Hi Vitaly,

I've been digging around in this stuff, and I guess I'm still a bit lost.  The main problem is that I don't know what kind of strategy fits in well with WL as it is today.  Perhaps I need to create a variation of virtual folders that includes whole threads for all contained messages?  Figuring out the whole thread is complicated by the fact that some messages only have in-reply-to: and others have references:, which means, potentially, many searches for matching fields to find all of a message's siblings.  Anything you can do to help move me along would be a great help.

Thanks,

--
David Abrahams
BoostPro Computing