[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: RFC 5006 status
- To: Fred Baker <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: RFC 5006 status
- From: Adrian Kennard <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 08:53:51 +0000
- Cc: IPv6 Operations <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Lindqvist Kurt Erik <email@example.com>, Ralph Droms <firstname.lastname@example.org>, 6man Chairs <email@example.com>, Dave Thaler <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Jari Arkko <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Daniel Park <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <308C7176-40DF-4F82-AC2D-A4EAC6E2766B@cisco.com>
- Organization: Kennard family
- References: <4B9DFC7D.firstname.lastname@example.org> <E47F4C05-D53D-4E04-B15F-07752E9D9A7E@cisco.com> <4B9E96E2.email@example.com> <1315FBDA-12A2-4C16-B66F-CBD4802E6766@cisco.com> <4BA089F9.firstname.lastname@example.org> <65B6B54D-98AD-4772-B2E0-6E2CA8DE76C0@cisco.com> <419DB14D-BFDC-4118-BB3E-F4D9570D927D@kurtis.pp.se> <A5AB4B97-11BA-4D27-860C-3811D075BFC6@cisco.com> <4BA0EC66.email@example.com> <308C7176-40DF-4F82-AC2D-A4EAC6E2766B@cisco.com>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 188.8.131.52 (X11/20090107)
Fred Baker wrote:
This is a structured question for the community.
Jari Arkko tells us that he is getting requests from various sources to take RFC 5006 to Proposed Standard. It is now experimental.
5006 IPv6 Router Advertisement Option for DNS Configuration. J. Jeong,
Ed., S. Park, L. Beloeil, S. Madanapalli. September 2007. (Format:
TXT=26136 bytes) (Status: EXPERIMENTAL)
(1) Please take a look at the document in the next few days; if you have comments on it (eg, you think it should be changed in some way), please comment to v6ops.
(2) Vendors, please advise on implementations. Are there any? Has interoperability been demonstrated?
Firebrick FB6000 series as of release V0.00.402-Gerald Alpha (9th Mar
2010) supports announcing RDNSS addresses as part of RA.
(3) Operators, enterprise and/or service provider, please advise on deployment experience.
We have deployed in our offices and found nothing seems to take any
notice of the RDNSS announcement. We found we had to run rdnss on linux
to pick up addresses and it has slightly odd handling of the
/etc/resolv.conf file when dhcp client also running and only on more
I'm adding a brief discussion to the agenda Monday morning with a view to getting a quick thumbs-up/thumbs-down to advise Jari, who can then take that to 6man later in the week if appropriate.
BTW, I have had a flurry of email related to the agenda. The current agenda may be found at http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/10mar/agenda/v6ops.html