RE: WGLC for draft-ietf-v6ops-ra-guard-01.txt (was: Re: Rogue RA WGLC)

>On details of the "stateful learning", the LEARNING state seems to me
to be rather simplistic and would be ineffective after, say, a power
failure.

ACLs created can be saved in non-volatile memory so that the information
is saved across reboots and any ACL after reboot may be removed or
updated based on new information - this is what most routers or switches
do today with ACLs.  It's not like this issue is a bug in the protocol.
A protocol needs to be discussed at the level of what happens if a
network interface on a node is reset, not in terms of what a vendor
saves in non-volatile memory.  Or if this is an nagging issue, then the
information can also be dumped during the router/switch operation, on a
periodic basis, to a network server from which the information can be
retrieved after reboot.

Some edits are needed to the doc, but otherwise it looks OK to me - I
support this draft.

Hemant