strong host model sentence in cpe rtr -03 version

Dave,

Since you questioned strong host model during our IETF 73 v6ops prezo, here is a closure once I had time to recollect my thoughts on the subject.  First, I take the strong vs. weak host models for traffic forwarding by a host on received traffic.  As we told in the prezo that NTT in Japan runs routing code NTT developed for a Windows PC.  So for their deployment if Windows OS changes between pre-Vista to Vista from weak to strong host model, then we do have a problem for the NTT routing software running on Vista.  In the CPE Rtr Unnumbered model, the WAN interface of the Rtr has only a Link-local address.   A strong host model needs a global IPv6 address on the WAN interface to receive global IPV6 traffic - NTT runs PPPOE.  That is why the text below was added to the -03 version of the CPE Rtr.

[The Unnumbered model is incompatible with the strong host model on the CPE router. The unnumbered model may be inappropriate for use with certain deployments where a device that uses the strong host model can operate as a CPE Router.]

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wbeebee-ipv6-cpe-router-03.txt

I don't have any more details on the NTT deployment like if any other hosts are behind their Windows PC that is being used as a CPE Rtr - if we did have such host behind the rtr PC, the the global address assigned to the other PCs via IA_PD sub-delegation, then the global address on the LAN could be used to source packet our the WAN interface to the SP.  I am told the same Windows PC acting as a CPE Rtr, is also the PC being used by the user at home for using Internet services etc.

Hemant