From: Hemant Singh (shemant) [mailto:shemant@cisco.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2008 10:45 AM
To: Hemant Singh (shemant); IPv6 Operations
Subject: RE: new version of the CPE Rtr draft is ready for review

Brief summary of what we closed with reviewers in this -03 version.

1. Closed the new text in the mcast section with Remi - see new section in the -03 draft.

2. Closed with Francois-Xavier for null route with following text added to the IPv6 Data Forwarding section:

   A route SHOULD be added to the routing table (to prevent routing
   loops) that is lower priority than any route except the default
   route.  The choice to drop the packet or send an ICMPv6 Destination
   Unreachable to the source address of the packet is implementation-
   dependent.  The installation of the null route MAY be automatic.
   Also closed on bridged mcast with following text:

   If the CPE Router hardware includes a network bridge between the WAN
   interface and the LAN interface(s), then the CPE Router MUST support
   MLDv2 snooping as per [RFC4541].

3. Closed with Shin Miyakawa with the following text:

      Added following text to the end of the "Unnumbered Model" section:
      "The unnumbered model is incompatible with the strong host model
      on the CPE router.  The unnumbered model may be inappropriate for
      use with certain broadband deployments where a device that uses
      the strong host model can operate as a CPE Router."

4. Fred Baker requested us to add an IPv4 section - we complied by adding a short IPv4 section that describes current practice but does not mandate anything.

5. Brian Carpenter was right.  We added a 6to4 section to the draft - he had asked for such support at the beginning,

For other closures, please see the Change-log for this version.

Hemant & Wes