From: owner-v6ops@ops.ietf.org [mailto:owner-v6ops@ops.ietf.org] On
Behalf Of Hemant Singh (shemant)
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2008 11:31 AM
To: Suresh Krishnan; IPv6 Operations
Subject: RE: [dhcwg] Unnecessary restriction in DHCP-PD?

Folks,

We never liked the Unnumbered model that was asked to be put in our CPE
Rtr draft.  Well, after this discussion a nail in the coffin for the
Unnumbered model has been found.  Due to this totally valid restriction
in the DHCP-PD RFC3633, we need to remove the Unnumbered model from the
CPE rtr draft.  The reason is because in the Unnumbered model, an IPv6
address from the IA-PD was used for the source of upstream traffic to
the Service Provider.   Any comments?

Thanks.

Hemant & Wes