Marshall,

Several people have indeed indicated desire to participate remotely, and we are doing everything we can to make that possible.

I think we will at least have a voice stream coming out of the meeting, jabber scribing (participants, please volunteer to scribe!), and possibility for questions from jabber. But we are still organizing those services and I don't want to promise anything more at this stage. See also some additional information below, copied from Mark's e-mail to the v4v6interim list. And this discussion should probably continue on that list as well :-)

By the way -- if there is someone who has not registered for the physical meeting yet but plans to come, please try to register before Saturday, September 20th.

Jari

Mark Townsley wrote:
The ADs are working with the meeting host to see what can be done based on what the facility has to offer. Cisco has offered webex hosting so that remote participants can at least see what is being presented on the projector and what is being said into a microphone, accessible over a web and/or PSTN interface for voice (with recording of all this for later viewing). But, without good microphones and discipline to use them, the experience might be limited. Same for folks that want to chime in over the phone, its nice to have some level of "floor control" to help moderate the interaction. We could setup a camera as well, but without real funding or exceptional volunteer efforts (not to mention lending of equipment and good connectivity outside the building), I'm not all that optimistic. We will do the best we can with the resources available, wish I could say more - perhaps Suresh can jump in and give more insight.