From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <idsubmission@ietf.org>
Date: September 15, 2008 9:32:57 AM PDT
To: fred@cisco.com
Cc: xing@cernet.edu.cn, congxiao@cernet.edu.cn
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-baker-behave-ivi-00

A new version of I-D, draft-baker-behave-ivi-00.txt has been successfuly submitted by Fred Baker and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-baker-behave-ivi
Revision:	 00
Title:		 IVI Update to SIIT and NAT-PT
Creation_date:	 2008-09-15
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 17

Abstract:
This note proposes an address and service architecture designed to
facilitate transition from an IPv4 Internet to an IPv6 Internet.
This service contains three parts: A DNS Application Layer Gateway, a
stateful Network Address Translator that enables IPv6 clients to
initiate connections to IPv4 servers and peers, and a stateless
Network Address Translator that enables IPv4 and IPv6 systems to
interoperate freely.

It is couched as an update to RFCs 2765 and 2766.  This is because
the stateless service is essentially the SIIT with a different
address format, and because the DNS Application Layer Gateway and the
stateful translator have significant similarities to NAT-PT.  There
are, however, important differences from NAT-PT, responsive to the
issues raised in RFC 4966.

The IETF Secretariat.