RE: I-D Action:draft-endo-v6ops-dnsproxy-00.txt

Hi, Brian

Thanks for your comments.

This IPv4 address pool is only used by translating from IPv4 to IPv6.
DNS proxy can only know IPv4 destination address that a client will communicate to.
In this case, to support IPv4 address sharing, DNS proxy must know a destination port number.
It requires relationship with DNS proxy and clients. I think that it is not reasonable.

In specific area like company or campus networks, this proposal will be effective,
because DNS proxy use IPv4 private addresses.

> > 7.  Security Considerations
> >
> >    TBD
>
> You don't discuss DNSSEC, which is an essential issue for the
> future. I don't think we can propose a solution without
> DNSSEC support.

I agreed with you.
I should consider about DNSSEC.

> My question is, why not combine this draft with the DNS64
> model in draft-bagnulo-behave-nat64?

Sorry, I didn't read this proposal yet.
I will check soon.

// masaxmasa