Re: Open issues list? [Re: New (-02) version of IPv6 CPE Router draft is available for review]

On 2008-07-31 20:14, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Jul 2008, Hemant Singh (shemant) wrote:
>
>> The CPE Router will NOT mandate how many LAN ports does the device have
>
> I didn't ask for "mandate". I just thought the scenario is not an
> obvious one and would make sense to have it in some kind of
> informational section or separate document, but you seem very adamant
> that it doesn't apply...
>
>> Please rest your case.  That's the most the CPE Router will specify.
>
> Well then.

Actually, if this is to become a WG draft, it will specify whatever
the WG consensus turns out to be. fwiw, my view is that Hemant is correct,
and it isn't for the IETF to specify how many ports a vendor might
choose to include in their product. (Of course, if it's going to be
an independent submission, the draft can say whatever its authors want.)

     Brian