From: Francois-Xavier Le Bail [mailto:fx.lebail@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 8:40 AM
To: Hemant Singh (shemant)
Cc: Iljitsch van Beijnum; v6ops@ops.ietf.org
Subject: RE: Open issues list? [Re: New (-02) version of IPv6 CPE Router
draft is available for review]

--- On Wed, 7/30/08, Hemant Singh (shemant) <shemant@cisco.com> wrote:
> However, the Loopback interface has other uses. Please see the slide
> titled "Routing Domains and Address assignments"
> from our v6ops presentation and see that the Loopback interface in the

> picture is being used with an anycast address for ICMP health check
> (as per RFC4241).

The RFC4241 in his section 2.8. Connectivity Monitoring say:
"The old document of APNIC IPv6 address assignment policy required that
APNIC could ping the subnet anycast address to check address usage."

But the APNIC ipv6-policy-280599 is obsolete and the actual policy
(http://www.apnic.net/policy/ipv6-address-policy.html) dont have such
"check address usage".

So, the RFC4241 cannot be used as argument in favour of a loopback
interface.

Francois-Xavier