Re: Client side for RDNSS option in RA (RFC 5006)

On Wednesday 30 July 2008 17:02:46 Michael Widerkrantz, you wrote:
> I thought it might interest the list that I have implemented the client
> side of RFC 5006, "IPv6 Router Advertisement Option for DNS
> Configuration". It's released under a two-clause BSD license. You can
> find the source here:
>
>   http://hack.org/mc/hacks/radns-0.5.tar.gz

ndisc6 has had support for this for a while. I imagine however that dual-stack
integration considerations will push this to higher-level network
connection "manager" applications. Also, on Debian/Ubuntu et al, people can
get RFC5006 working today, with:

# apt-get install rdnssd

Regards,

--