RE: about the coexistance scenarios in draft-ietf-v6ops-nat64-pb-statement-req-01

>The situation we want to reach is where hosts can have just
>IPv6 connectivity and still be fully functional.

Assuming all applications are supporting IPv6, or also including cases
where host may be running IPv4-only apps?

What I'm wondering is that if a translation solution is designed to
assume fully IPv6-capable host (including all random third party
softwares), then it might be less usable in near future than tunneling
based solutions. I mean if for v4-only applications host needs to anyway
find a way to provide IPv4-connectivity, for what purpose it would need
translation services? For IPv6-only applications? I would assume it
takes quite a while before all applications are IPv6-capable, and that
all devices behind a host (such as gaming consoles etc) are also
IPv6-capable.

Or can we assume applications to be IPv6-capable in timeframe operator
would be interested to provide IPv6-only connectivity?

Or should a host internally implement v4->v6 translation, thus making a
host look like fully IPv6-capable towards network?

	Teemu