From: Alain Durand [mailto:alain_durand@cable.comcast.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2008 1:25 PM
To: Hemant Singh (shemant); Ralph Droms (rdroms)
Cc: Mark Townsley (townsley); Jimmy Chuang (cchuang); Rémi Denis-Courmont; v6ops@ops.ietf.org; Wes Beebee (wbeebee)
Subject: Re: New (-02) version of IPv6 CPE Router draft is available for review

Hemant,

You missed the phrase "*with* address referral" in my response.

Say A & B are inside their home and use ULA & GUA. C and D are within another home and are also using ULA & GUA.

Now, A B C & D enter a 4 way communication where they initially exchange the addresses of their pier.
If A passes C the ULA and GUA of B, C might prefer to use B's ULA because of address selection rules and C->B communication would fail or worse, go somewhere else.

There are multiple variants of this. The point is that you cannot expect apps that passes addresses to be smart enough to know about ULA & GUA.

BTw, using DNS does not help at all if you include both ULA & GUA AAAAs in your zone...

  - Alain.