Re: New (-02) version of IPv6 CPE Router draft is available for review

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008, Alain Durand wrote:

On 7/18/08 3:57 PM, "Mikael Abrahamsson" <swmike@swm.pp.se> wrote:

I am also looking at this in the 5-10 year future, where I think all
customers want to have a routed CPE in their home and have multiple
subnets. Not including "link-local WAN" in the model is too short-sighted
for me, even though I can understand why people are hesitant about it in
the short term.

There is something I'm missing here: If you give an IPv6 address to the CPE
(using stateful DHCPv6 or SLAAC) and then do a stateful DHCPv6-PD request
from the CPE, what is missing?

I am not sure I understand the question, but I hope this is a clarification:

I don't want to have a common IP network which is shared by the ISP device and the CPE device. Thus, no link network that is shared between ISP device and customer device (=link local).

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike@swm.pp.se