Re: How to include APBP scenarios in the Coexistence RequirementI-D

Dan Wing writes:
Following some privatly received comments of Dan Wing, the standby phase hasn't be long, and the idea to possibly give up APBP stands no longer ! I just posted draft-01, with I believe substantial simplifications and improved applicability.
Sorry for the one more change.

Allow me to elaborate a bit on our offline discussion over the weekend.
I noticed all of the current proposals (SNAT, NAT64, NAT6, IVI,
dual-stack-lite, etc.) are quiet on a significant aspect of a requirement that
is important:  keeping existing games and existing applications working.  I am
thinking of game boxes like Microsoft's Xbox that need UPnP IGD in order to
function properly over the Internet, and applications such as Microsoft
Netmeeting (needs an H.323 ALG in the NAT), Quicktime and RealAudio streaming
(RTSP), and so on.  http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3027 does a good job of
explaining the specifics.

As much as I hate discussions about NAT in context of IPv6, a good draft to look at is http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jennings-behave-nat6-00