From: Frank Xia [mailto:xiayangsong@huawei.com]
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 12:34 PM
To: Chip Popoviciu (cpopovic); v6ops@ops.ietf.org
Cc: John Kaippallimalil
Subject: Re: new draft on IPv6 in Broadband Networks

Hi Chip

As a co-author, I would like to share my idea before John's reply.

IPv6 deployment is currently one of main topics in DSL forum.
There are many arguments when applying IPv6 to DSL networks, even though
IETF has multiple documents regarding IPv6 deployment.

IMHO, there are two reasons for the disagreement:
1)Lacking communication between the two SDOs.
2)Generality of these documents resulting in ambiguity.

This draft is trying to bridge the two SDOs,  and provide enough detail for
DSL deployment.

Please see my other inline reply...

BR
Frank