[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: new draft on IPv6 CPE router available for review
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: new draft on IPv6 CPE router available for review
- From: Francois-Xavier Le Bail <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 05:18:25 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: email@example.com
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:Cc:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Message-ID; b=tbLywPgT2O9M5yEmPFBAfpIckbUmL0DqxF4WIciZEn0IMsfxg3nMbNg5dR9gvcRaXbMXNXtFP0Ka8WXHhWY+MR74td3/Fz5wduVZ1yAfHpkfwkn+sT7xtMNwUuTR4jSTVeUNrIptellctiFpRvedBNw/iNbSWx7d3E9UV6B2z7s=;
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
--- On Wed, 7/2/08, Francois-Xavier Le Bail <email@example.com> wrote:
> The CPE must also support IPv4, and for using one subnet in
> IPv4 world, it's a practice to have a LAN bridge with
> Ethernet, Wifi, etc. interfaces adding to it.
> And this bridge is always up, even if the LAN interfaces
> are individualy down.
> So binding the global-scope management address to this LAN
> bridge can be a way to consider.
When the CPE router has only a link-local address on the WAN port,
if the CPE has a LAN bridge, I hope there is an option to have the
global-scope address set on the LAN bridge (from IA_PD via DHCPv6)
as an alternative to loopback solution.
Do you agree ?