Re: new draft on IPv6 CPE router available for review

On Fri, 4 Jul 2008, Shin Miyakawa wrote:

Just because a bridged CPE is cheaper than a router CPE.

In my market, almost everybody has a router CPE, if they have a CPE at all (in the ETTH with copper case, people often do not have a CPE at all, and if they do, it's a NAT box). I don't see the price difference of routed/bridged CPEs at all here.

We should swtich even those people to be v6 ready with less cost (no need to replace their CPE) to deploy IPv6 faster and step-by-step.

As stated, they can use a tunneled approach if they don't want to do it "for real".

Well, I don't like the idea of end users connecting IPv6 only hosts
directly to the ISP network,

and you do not like the sensor network..... I understand.....

Please elaborate. I don't understand why you're saying that I don't like sensor networks because I want a routed CPE.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike@swm.pp.se