Re: new draft on IPv6 CPE router available for review

Le jeudi 3 juillet 2008 21:05:37 EricLKlein@softhome.net, vous avez écrit :
> Shin Miyakawa writes:
> > If so, I think that people will purchase "one IPv6 global address service
> > for a host" and USE V6NAT to connect any device in their home network,
> > because probably this service will be less expensive than
> > "Prefix Delegated service for a routed CPE".
> > That's too bad.
>
> There is no Nat in IPv6. See RFC4864 -  Local Network Protection for IPv6
> for more details.

I think Shin-san's point is that if PD delegation does not work
uniformly/satisfactorily enough, CPE vendors and ISPs will deploy IPv6 NATs
rather than tell their customer "sorry you cannot access the Internet with
more than one computer at a time".

Whether that's a red herring, I will not debate here and now.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.remlab.net/