From: Hemant Singh (shemant)
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 12:20 PM
To: 'Shin Miyakawa'; Wes Beebee (wbeebee); swmike@swm.pp.se;
v6ops@ops.ietf.org
Cc: yasuhiro@nttv6.jp; Hemant Singh (shemant)
Subject: RE: new draft on IPv6 CPE router available for review

Shin,

I don't see any reason to incorporate anything from your draft because
our document already mentions what your draft proposes. Please read our
draft completely before sending such comments. It is very clear from our
draft that the WAN interface acquires a global IPv6 address and the CPE
router gets IA_PD, the prefix from which is sub-delegated to hosts
connected to LAN interface(s) of the CPE router. Anyhow, Cable Labs has
already proposed the same global address on WAN port over one year back
in cable broadband networks.

For others who have asked for only a link-local address on the WAN port
and asked for a Loopback interface on the CPE router, we have already
replied that we agree with such a recommendation and we will recommend
that the CPE router support both models - one model where WAN port also
acquires a global IPv6 address and another model where WAN interface
only acquires a link-local address. In the model where the WAN interface
has only a link-local address, the CPE router will use an optional
Loopback interface which will be assigned a global IPv6 address
sub-delegated from IA_PD via stateless DHCPv6.

Thanks.

Hemant