Re: [BEHAVE] IPv6 Flow Label

Hesham,

On May 6, 2008, at 5:58 AM, Hesham Soliman wrote:
I think that a perfectly useful answer to the IESG is to say that since
there is no _need_ for NATs in IPv6, we don't have to consider it.

The fact that IPv6 has the same routing technology as IPv4 guarantees there will be a market for NATv6 (assuming IPv6 gets deployed), if for no other reason than people not wanting to be tied to their ISP.

Personally, I think the appropriate behaviour is not to do anything for
IPv6 and NATs.

It would be sad if the IETF did not learn from past mistakes.

Regards,
-drc