1. Tunnel to NAT
2. Borrow Address/Port

However, it doesn't solve the case of a genuine "unistack"
IPv6 host, and we have to decide whether that case is of real
concern.

I was also wondering whether the work in SOFTWIRE already
covers at least part of this solution?

     Brian

On 2008-04-08 01:23, Rémi Després wrote:
The following draft has just been posted.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-despres-v6ops-apbp-00.txt

It presents an approach whereby:
- The IPv4 to IPv6 transition period needs neither NATs in ISP
infrastructures, nor NAT64s in CPE routers (only NAT44s, plus an
address-port-borrowing-protocol similar to that presented by Brian
Carpenter in SHANTI).
- It also revives and improves the DSTM idea that duly augmented dual
stack hosts can establish pure IPv4 E2E transport connections (more E2E
transparency by augmenting the number of configurations where no NAT at
all is necessary).

Regards.

Rémi