Re: Simplified NAT-PT

Miyata-san,

I haven't completely studied this yet, but I have two
quick comments.

>    The prefix PREFIX::/96 is advertised in the IPv6 network by the
>    NAT-PT gateway, and packets addressed to this PREFIX will be routed
>    to the NAT-PT gateway. The pre-configured PREFIX only needs to be
>    routable within the IPv6 network and as such it can be any routable
>    prefix that the network administrator chooses.

This seems to assume that the NAT-PT is at the boundary between
a closed IPv6 routing realm (where it's OK to advertise a /96)
and the IPv4 network. What happens if someone needs to put
a NAT-PT between a closed IPv4 routing realm and the open
IPv6 network?

>    The following 32-bit, represented as IDENT MUST be an value assigned
>    by IANA to indicate that translator would exist in the path.
>    More requirement for IDENT is described in Chapter 13.

Why is this useful?

    Brian