Re: 6PE-Alt

Hi Jeremy,

You are absolutely right.

This is not an alternate mechanism it is just an interesting way of
using already existing functionality BGP-IPv6 to derive the same
functionality as 6PE. We can get 6PE functionality without having to
do any different signaling at all.

It saves all the complicated mechanisms of label distribution, label
signaling, defining AFI/ SAFI and the complicated Inter-AS
distribution to achieve the same functionality. We do not need to
populate the hardware either with that many entries. I think that is
the idea of the draft.

Thanks,
Vishwas