Re: 6to4 using ::FFFF:0000:0000/96 (mail.comcast.net AAAA record weirdness)

The AAAA records:
mail.comcast.net        canonical name = mail.g.comcast.net.
mail.g.comcast.net      has AAAA address ::ffff:63.240.76.10

were not something we configured but were dynamically generated as a side
effect of a bug introduced by a certain piece of hardware in our network. A
temporary work around has been put in place until the bug is fixed. This is
just yet another confirmation that there should be no AAAA published (either
by configuration or dynamically generated) until all the pieces are in
place.

AAAA records containing IPv4 mapped addresses do not seem to be a good idea
anyway, it might be worth an addendum to RFC4472.

Thank you to those who pointed out this problem.

  - Alain.