Re: More CPE

Iljitsch van Beijnum writes:
Based on the discussion of the past days, I think this is a mixture of what we seem to agree on and some random things that I think are necessary and/or a good idea. Feel free to shoot down any part as needed. All of this only applies to presumably unmanaged consumer and SOHO installations. 1. The expectation is that broadband modems will have IPv6 routing functionality. 2. Despite 1., we expect users to be able to add zero or more IPv6 routers of their own.
3. Authentication of users towards ISPs is undefined at this time.

I would presume that the same authentication that is used now would still be appropriate. Currently my CPE (Router, DSL Modem, etc.) needs to authenticate using a user name and password provided by the ISP.