Re: IPv6 broadband provisioning

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007, David Miles wrote:

I'm not sure we need to use global-unicast addresses on the WAN CPE interface

I would strongly suggest that customer is not allowed to source packets outside if his/her assigned IP space. So if link-local can be used for all packets (when customer has a router), we get a very nice demarcation and can do filtering where we know that our infrastructure is in a certain IPv6 range and customers are in another, and we know none of our equipment is in customer space and vice versa.

So if possible, assign and route the /56 or /48 to the customer router and this router then needs to make sure it uses its internal IP to source packets destined for global Internet.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike@swm.pp.se