Re: SNMP MIB for IPv6 BGP

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007, Mark Newton wrote:
Has any work been done, either by IETF or Cisco, on an SNMP
MIB for IPv6 BGP peers?

My google-fu has produced some murmurings about ongoing work,
but nothing definitive.

Trying to teach our NMS to alert us to BGP-down events without
needing it to ssh to routers to do "show bgp ipv6 summary".

Yes: http://tools.ietf.org/wg/idr/draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-mibv2/

The work has been discontinued due to lack of interest but recently there was an effort to bring it back on track by splitting the one gigantic MIB into smaller pieces.

It has been at least partially implemented by some vendors. We use certain features (e.g., v6 BGP neighbor status) of it.

The IDR WG is the right place to look for this.