RE: [dhcwg] Review of draft-ietf-v6ops-scanning-implications

I fully agree with and support this text.

- Bernie

-----Original Message-----
From: Stig Venaas [mailto:stig.venaas@uninett.no]
Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2006 4:40 PM
To: dhcwg@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [dhcwg] Review of draft-ietf-v6ops-scanning-implications

Per Fred's request, please let v6ops and/or authors know if you have
any thoughts regarding this draft. In particular there is the following
section:

4.2.  DHCP Service Configuration Options

    The administrator should configure DHCPv6 so that the first
addresses
    allocated from the pool begins much higher in the address space than
    at [prefix]::1.  DHCPv6 also includes an option to use Privacy
    Extension [2] addresses, i.e. temporary addresses, as described in
    Section 12 of the DHCPv6 [5] specification.  It is desirable that
    allocated addresses are not sequential, nor have any predictable
    pattern to them.

Stig

Fred Baker wrote:
> The v6ops working group is approaching a working group last call on
> draft-ietf-v6ops-scanning-implications within the coming few weeks.
We