Re: Tunnels and diffserv question

Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
	Hello,

I was looking at RFC 2983 (Diffserv and tunnels)... and now, I'm left wondering: how (if at all) does/should this apply to IPv6 transitions mechanisms (6to4, Teredo, ...) ?

The abstract mentions "IP tunnels of various forms", section 6 explicitly mentions "IPv6 over IPv4 tunnels (RFC1933)". This in special and the rest of the text makes it seems to be fully applicable to all the other transition mechanisms. Simply copying over the inner ToS/DS field to the outer one should be sufficient. I haven't seen any implementation actually doing this though, but it could be that some implementations already do it in that manner.

Greets,
 Jeroen