AW: Guidelines for Numbering IPv6 Point-to-Point Links and Easing the Addressing Plans

Sorry, if I was a little bit unclear. My assumption is, that large ISPs/access providers with millions of customers will simply have automated processes (and hence data bases) for their network operation. Otherwise it is not possible to react successful and in  time if any errors occure.
And this db's bring additional complexity to the process, thats right.
(But if you are not able to make your db working than you should not act as ISP :-), or am I wrong at this point?)

Of course this is a decission that every ISP has to made by its own ...

Olaf