RE: Does a Teredo client send keepalive packets to Teredo Relays to maintain a mapping in the NAT ...

> I apologize if this is in the spec - I could not find it.  I see
> the Teredo client sends keepalive packets to the Teredo Server to
> maintain it's address.    Does the client send keepalives towards
> active Relay's to maintain the mapping for active sessions?  Of
> if a sessions through a Relay goes quiet for 2 or 3 minutes is
> the session considered ended?

The client does not send keep-alive packets to the relay. Clients and
relays maintain a cache of their active peers, based on the traffic
exchanged with these peers. If a peer drops out of the cache, bubbles
will have to be exchanged through the server before sending the next
packet.

-- Christian Huitema