RE: Teredo spec has been published!

> Off a slightly different tangent: what sort of routes are expected to
> show up from 2001:0000::/32 in the routing table?

I would expect a single 2001:0000::/32 route leading to the closest
teredo relay.

> I didn't read recent Teredo drafts, but if I remember the concept
clearly
> enough, the embedded server (relay?) address would make this "one /64
> prefix per server", right?

Only a tiny fraction of the traffic goes through the servers. The bulk
of it goes on a direct IPv4 path between the relay and the Teredo host.
The benefits of "per server' /64 routes would be marginal and the impact
on the routing tables would be large.

> Or will all relays announce the whole /32, effectively anycasting it,
> as it is done with 6to4 2002::/32?

Yes. With this design, traffic will go from IPv6 host to the closest
Teredo relay and from there on a direct IPv4 path to the Teredo host.
This is expected to be a good approximation of the shortest path between
the IPv6 host and the Teredo host.

-- Christian Huitema