-----Original Message-----
From: owner-v6ops@ops.ietf.org [mailto:owner-v6ops@ops.ietf.org] On
Behalf Of Gunter Van de Velde (gvandeve)
Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2006 5:22 PM
To: v6ops@ops.ietf.org
Subject: RE: Flow label and its uses

So in an ideal world where everything behind the IPSec header is
encrypted (if that ever would be the case) .... then how to do
load-balancing as Brian suggest? Maybe the flow-label needs
to be *just* an identifier without further meaning? In that
case it does make sense that its unchanged between end-2-end.

I don't see why it has to be an extension to DSCP? DSCP provides
a mechanism to give an indication how the traffic would like to be
treated
while flow label could give an indication of flow without knowing the
upper
layer details. These are different operations i think.

G/