Re: I-D ACTION:draft-savola-v6ops-6to4-security-01.txt

> 1) Is the situation worse than a current IPv4 Internet, in which
> spoofing source addresses is relatively easy?

Pasts sins should not be an excuse to repeat them in the future.

I think we can all agree that the current failure of deployment of
(IPv4) source address spoofing prevention measures at the edge is one
of the important components in the operational mess we are in at the
present where it is for all practical purposes impossible to track
down and weed out DDoS attack agents, and we should not be promoting
protocols which embeds the current situation in concrete, and label is
at "good enough".

> At least during the transition phase, most IPv6 hosts will be
> dual-homed, which means they will benefit from IPv4 qualities
> anyhow.

I think you mean "dual-stack"?  I think the same comment as above
applies here as well.

Regards,

- Håvard