Re: IPv6 transition architecture discussion

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, Ronald van der Pol wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 17:51:54 +0200, Pekka Savola wrote:
>
> > Do you consider AAAA records tried first (in some regions like US/Europe)
> > a problem that needs solving?
>
> No, because it is not a problem. The problem is bad routing. We should
> fix that.

_Can_ we fix that in some reasonable time?  I'm not so sure..

If we fix most of the IPv6 routing problems (doubtful) in 1-2 years,
people can start start placing AAAA records in their main DNS zones in 2-4
years.  Is that enough?

> As was pointed out earlier, when you have several A records,
> one of them might be unreachable too by bad (v4) routing.

So?  Bad IPv6 routing happens all the time, for about every non-local
destination.  Bad IPv4 routing almost never happens.  They aren't
comparable.