API Discussion RE: v6ops Agenda for Atlanta

Why is ipv4mapped still being discussed in this sense.  Itojun was told
clearly that we are NOT going to change the API defaults with current
deployed products.  This has been discusseed to death and a standard in
IEEE.

Any other working group member who was NOT the chair would be told to go
away.

/jim
[Honor, Commitment, Integrity]

neval-01.txt

	ISP Team -- Cleve Mickles (20 min)

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mickles-v6ops-isp-cases-02.txt

	Enterprise Team -- Yanick Pouffary (20 min)

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pouffary-v6ops-ent-v6net-01.tx

	Cellular Networks Team -- Jonne Soininen (20 min)

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-3gpp-cases-00.txt

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wiljakka-3gpp-ipv6-transition-
02.txt

Current Work Items (Status & Open Issues):

	Transition Mechanisms -- Erik Nordmark (10 min)

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-mech-v2-01.txt

Proposals for New Work Items:

	Application Aspects of IPv6 Transition (5min) - Myung-Ki Shin

http://www.ipv6.or.kr/Internet-Draft/draft-shin-v6ops-application-transi
tion-00.txt

	6to4 Security -- Pekka Savola (5 min)

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-savola-v6ops-6to4-security-00.
txt

	Firewalling Considerations for IPv6 -- Pekka Savola (5 min)

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-savola-v6ops-firewalling-00.tx

	IPv4 Mapped Addresses Considered Harmful -- Craig Metz (10 min)

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cmetz-v6ops-v4mapped-api-harmf
ul-00.txt

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-itojun-v6ops-v4mapped-harmful-
01.txt